Material selection can be the hardest and one of the most important parts of
the countertop buying process. Choosing a color from a sample can differ at the moment
of purchasing the full slab. Color variation is expected and an exact match to samples cannot
be guaranteed. Our team will highly recommend that you visit some of the Stone distributors to go over some
of the amazing materials and colors they have in hand such as; Quartz, Granite, Quartzite, Marble, etc. This will
help you learn more about the material you are about to purchase. Otherwise, you can also go to our showroom
to see some in-stock options for slabs and remnants.
TYPES OF SLAB MATERIALS
- Natural: This material is cut from the mountain and polished. Granite, Marble,
Travertine, Soapstone, Serpentine, Slate, Sandstone and Quartzite
- Engineered: Processed in a factory using different methods (Quartz).
- Polished – Most common type of finish, it is easy to clean and maintain
- Honed – Matte finish, recommended for marble and does not reflect the light as well
- Leathered - Textured, unique finish
- Contrast the color with the cabinet is better than trying to match colors.
- Natural light is important to consider.
- Having a different color island it is not uncommon.
- Having paint, flooring and cabinet samples will help with your decision making.
- Your sales consultant will be able to advise you in these decisions.